Education Presentation next week 6/21
- Canning and preserve demo, more details to follow
Chef Demos & Education Presentations Have Begun!
More Education Presentations planned throughout the year
- With the help of our friends at OC Farm Supply
Chef Demo season has begun, more info to come on the future schedule
- Next Chef Demo Sat 6/28 with the Chefs from Ways & Means
- Thank you, Dean Kim, for kicking off our Chef Demo season with wood-fired pizzas
- Reaching out to great local Chefs for another exciting series of demos
Ways & Means weekly Sunday Supper
- Reminder that this local restaurant features a 3 course Market-sourced supper
- You will see their talented Chefs sourcing at our Farmers Market
- The talented Chefs from Ways & Means will be presenting our next Chef Demo 6/28!
View our calendar
for upcoming Market events
New website to launch soon, email us with any ideas or suggestions!
The OHG Facebook
link has changed slightly, like us & get your updates here
Farmer & Artisan News/Updates
Looking for some part time work?
Some of our Farmers & potential Farmers looking to join the Market are looking for help to work the Market. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information.
Olivares & Sons: this Farmer returns to the Market after a brief hiatus; they will be bringing 6 varieties of sweet potatoes, along with peaches and nectarines.
Grampy Pats: returns from vacation where he was learning new baking techniques.
Future Foods Farm & Green Harvest Bakery: will miss this weekend's Market, returning the following Saturday.
Rick's Voodoo BBQ: will miss this weekend's Market, returning for his next rotation in two weeks
Carlsbad Aquafarm: currently out of the Market with undetermined status. They are under new ownership and have suspended activity at all of the markets they participated in. We urge you to contact them and let them know how much we miss their fresh oysters & mussels.
Cornell Ranch (blueberries): missed last week and is out until future notice due to a large yield loss from birds poaching their crops.
: unfortunately will no longer be at the Market due to a business decision on their end, we wish them the very best in their future endeavors.
We have had several new Farmers & Artisans join the Market this new year!
- Richmen Farm: produce, citrus, and seasonal livestock
- Healthy Greens: Certified Organic sprouts and grasses
- Pedro's Certified Organic Ranch
: avocados, citrus, macadamia nuts, and more
- DoValle Pasta
: fresh, hand-made pasta (traditional and gluten-free)
- Smart Fish Co
.: fresh, seasonal, pre-packaged fish and seafood
- Provisions Market
: cheese varieties, pickled veggies, and much more
- Hepp's Salt Co.
: gourmet salts (smoked salts, natural blends, cooking salts, finishing salts)
- Some Farmers have moved spots, make sure to walk all around the Market
- We are constantly searching for diverse Farmers to help our Market grow
Rotating Farmer & Artisan Schedules
Rotating Farmers schedule as below:
All current Farmers at the Market are weekly participants
Rotating Artisans schedule as below:
& 6/28: Rick's Voodoo BBQ Sauce, Hepp's Salt Co. (Rick's BBQ will miss this Saturday)
6/21 & 7/5: One Love Tea, The Healthy Cowboy, Sharp Edge
- Sharp Edge (knife/blade sharpening) at the Market on the 1st & 3rd Sat/month
As you can imagine some Farmers have restrictions based on seasonal crops
We will update you here as changes and information become available
Non-Profit & Education
NPO: YMCA of Orange
NPO: Relay for Life (American Cancer Society)
Food Truck this week
Fresh and Authentic Mexican Food
Lend a Hand
"Food for Neighbors" Project
Thank you for all the wonderful donations collected through Nov & Dec, this Project is on a brief hiatus and will return in coming months. We will be collecting packaged & canned goods, as well as any fresh Market items that are donated and taking them directly to a local food kitchen.
Thank you for your continued community support of Orange Home Grown:
- "Food For Neighbors" Project collects donations for local food kitchens, ongoing
- Seniors Second Saturday at the Market started 4/12/14 (connects with the Orange Senior Center to encourage and assist senior citizens' healthy shopping at the Market)
- "Sparks of Love" toy drive (OC Firefighters): 2012, 2013, ongoing
- Scholarships: inaugural two presented on 7/27/13, ongoing yearly
- End of year donations to other local non-profits in need of support and funding, over $10k in 2012, 2013, ongoing
- Numerous Chef & Educational Demos at the Market throughout the year
- Weekly featured non-profit & educational booths at the Market
Support of our Market means so much more than fruits & veggies!
With thanks to Chapman University & the community for continued support of the Market, as well as fundraising efforts by OHG, we are able to continue to make a difference! As a Non-Profit (501c4) established and run by 100% volunteers, we are proud to give back to the community in the form of donations and scholarships. For more information on our scholarship program you can email us at email@example.com.
Calling all dog lovers!
We are looking for interested volunteers to help in our dog watching section of the Market. Times and commitments are all flexible and up to you and your schedule. If you are interested, please contact our Head Dog Care Volunteer, Megan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Give a little or give a lot, any help is appreciated!
Contact our volunteer coordinator (OHG Board member, Vicky) at email@example.com to see how you can get involved!